Municipal Clerk of Verona
Jennifer Kiernan, RMC
Location: Verona Town Hall, 600 Bloomfield Ave., Verona, NJ 07044
Hours: 8:30AM-4:30PM Monday-Friday
- Phone: (973) 857-4770
- Fax: (973) 857-8551
2020 GENERAL ELECTION - Tuesday, November 3, 2020
* Governor Murphy has announced that the General Election will be ALL vote-by-mail ballot. This page will continually be updated as more information becomes available.*
The Verona High School Old & New Gymnasiums will be designated as the ONLY polling locations in Verona for the General Election. Disabled voters may vote at this location from 6:00 am - 8:00 pm by machine. Voters who did not receive a Vote-By-Mail ballot, or wish to vote in-person may vote by PROVISIONAL ballot at the polling location from 6:00 am - 8:00 pm on November 3, 2020. *Due to current COVID-19 restrictions, voters are asked to wear masks and gloves while inside the building.
WATCH BELOW: Informational Webinar on the 2020 General Election with County Clerk Chris Durkin and Municipal Clerk Jennifer Kiernan, moderated by Verona Democratic County Committee Chairperson Laura Berman Fortgang on 9/16/2020.
- SECURE BALLOT DROP BOXES There is a secure ballot drop box, equipped with surveillance cameras in front of the Verona Police Station, 600 Bloomfield Avenue. Ballots can be dropped in the box 24/7. The County will retrieve all deposited ballots daily. You can place your ballot in any of the drop boxes located throughout Essex County up until 8:00 pm on November 3, 2020. Essex County Drop Box Locations
- Check out the NJ Division of Elections 2020 NJ Voter Information Portal
- Every active voter registered in New Jersey should receive a ballot in the mail. If it hasn’t arrived by October 12, track your mail-in ballot status online at Vote.NJ.Gov or contact the Essex County Clerk between 8:30 am - 4:00 pm at 973-621-4922, visit www.EssexClerk.com or email the County Clerk at Info@EssexClerk.com.
- Once you've returned your ballot you can track your Ballot here
Incorrect information is being distributed on social media regarding Mail-In ballots and the upcoming General Election on November 3, 2020, here is clarification:
Just because you received a mail-in ballot for the Primary Election in July, DOES NOT mean you are automatically going to receive a mail-in ballot for future elections. Should the Governor mandate an ALL mail-in ballot election for November, THEN you would automatically receive that mail-in ballot.
Normally, the only registered voters who would automatically receive a mail-in ballot for the November 3rd election are those who completed an application to receive a mail-in ballot in past elections AND checked off the box to receive a mail-in ballot “FOR ALL FUTURE ELECTIONS”. If you want to confirm whether or not you are automatically signed-up to receive a mail-in ballot for "ALL FUTURE ELECTIONS", call or email the Township of Verona's Municipal Clerk's office (info above) or the County Clerks office at 973-621-4922.
When posting about the upcoming General Election, please post only factual information. Rumors and misinformation only serve to confuse voters.
Forms & Documents:
Your registry application will take effect the first of the month
Essex County Outreach Schedule - DUE TO THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC THE COUNTY HAS CURRENTLY SUSPENDED THE OUTREACH PROGRAM UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
As a service to Essex County residents, the County Clerk’s Office schedules afternoon and evening hours to conduct business in municipalities across Essex County. During these Outreach times, we process only Passports and Notary Public Oaths. NO OTHER SERVICES ARE AVAILABLE AT THE OUTREACH CENTERS AND MUST BE CONDUCTED IN PERSON AT THE COUNTY CLERK’S OFFICE. Please call the Essex County Clerk’s office at 973-621-4920 with any questions. Please arrive at the Outreach Center at least one half hour before the stated closing time.
- MARCH 2020 OUTREACH SCHEDULE
- VERONA PUBLIC LIBRARY DATES:
- Monday, March 9 - 9:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Monday, March 23 - 9:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
** PLEASE NOTE NEW LOCATION IS NOW THE VERONA PUBLIC LIBRARY - 2nd Floor Conference Room**
- November 5, 2019 General Election - UNOFFICIAL RESULTS updated 11/11/19
- 2019 Municipal Election Results
- Opt Out of Receiving Future Mail-In Ballots
- Application Procedures
- Limousine Power of Attorney
- Limousine Driver Application
- Limousine Owner Application
- Peddler/Solicitor Permit Application
- Ordinance No. 2019-14 Amending Chapter 104 - Solicitors/Peddlers
- Raffle Instructions
- NJLGCCC Raffle/Bingo Process Instructions
- Bingo Application
- Raffle Application
- Off-Premise 50/50 Sample Ticket
- Off-Premise 50/50 Printers Certificate
- Report of Operations
- Amendment Filing for Raffle or Bingo License
- NJAC 13:47 - Rules of Legalized Games of Chance
- Raffle Report of Operations
- Bingo Report of Operations