Verona Historic Preservation Commission
The Verona Historic Preservation Commission is an agency established by the Town Council to assist in the identification and preservation of our town’s landmarks and historical sites.
Read the Historic Resources Survey & Inventory Update
Learn More: VHPC FAQs
2023 Meeting Dates:
The VHPC meets at 7:30pm. Meetings will be held via Zoom Webinar until further notice. Meeting details will be listed on the agenda.
- January 19
- March 16
- May 18
- June 15
- September 21
- November 16
- Glenn Houthuysen - Chairperson - Class C - Term Ends 6/30/2023
- Sandra Smith - Recording Secretary - Class B - Term Ends 6/30/2023
- Kelly Ruffel - Class A - 6/30/23
- Joseph Hallock - Class C - 6/30/25
- Diane Oster - Class C - Term Ends 6/30/2025
- Martin Golan - Alternate #1 - Class C - Term Ends 6/30/2023
- Andrew North - Alternate #2 - Class C - Term Ends - 6/30/2022
- Jack McEvoy: Council Representative - Term Ends 6/30/2022
*Membership on the Commission shall include one member designated as a Class A member, who shall be a person who is knowledgeable in building design and construction or architectural history and who may reside outside of the municipality; and one member designated as a Class B member, who shall be a person who is knowledgeable of or has a demonstrated interest in local history and who may reside outside the municipality. Regular members who are not designated as Class A or Class B members shall be designated as Class C members and shall be citizens of the municipality and shall hold no other municipal office, position or employment except for membership on the Planning Board or Board of Adjustment. Alternate members shall meet the qualifications of Class C members. Verona Historic Preservation Commission Ordinance .