Verona Senior Calendar & Bus Info:
- SEPTEMBER 2022 - SENIOR BUS CALENDAR (Click to View): The Senior Bus provides curb to curb service to specific shopping and recreational destinations advertised on the monthly calendar available at The Verona Community Center.
- Call 973-857-4832, Monday-Friday at 8:30am to 12 noon to request a ride.
- Available to Verona residents only.
- Recreational trips include monthly lunches at local restaurants, and programs such as bingo games, shopping and card & board game days.
Medical Transport Information:
- Areas Covered by Medical Transport
- Available to Verona & Cedar Grove residents.
- Provides service to medical appointments up to 5 miles out of town for a nominal cost.
- Call the Dispatcher as much as three weeks ahead of your appointment.
To Request a Ride:
- Call 973-857-4832 Monday-Friday, between 10am and 12 noon.
- Availability is on a first come, first served basis.
- A limited number of appointments are made for each day.
- CarFit: Helping Mature Drivers Find Their Safest Fit - 9.29.22
- Montclair Farmer's Market w/ Good Food Bucks Flyer - Saturdays Through November
Senior Exercise Videos:
Keep yourself moving at home with these two routines from your favorite Senior Exercise Instructors!
Medicare/SHIP Counseling: State Health Insurance Assistance Program
Free, objective, confidential help is available to New Jersey Medicare beneficiaries who have questions about Medicare, Medigap, Medicare Advantage Plans and Medicare Part D. Experienced volunteer counselors will help individuals understand the different Medicare plans, choose the most cost effective prescription drug coverage, learn about potential gaps in coverage, and learn how to address claims issues.
Schedule an appointment with a trained SHIP counselor by contacting the Verona Health Department at 973-857-4800. Essex County residents can also call 973-637-1717.
Resources for Seniors:
- Emergency Contact Registration Form
- 14 Ways to Help Seniors Avoid Isolation
- Preventing Falls at Home
- Housing Tips and Advice from The National Aging in Place Council
- Fall Prevention Tips for Seniors | A Home Design Guide
- Consumer Safety
- Moving Tips for Seniors
- 60+ Resource Guide
- A Guide to Helping Senior Citizens Stay Safe at Home
- Aging in the Home Safely
- Senior Freeze Information (Property Tax Reimbursement)
- Property Tax Relief Programs
- Economic Security for Seniors Facts
- Veterans Benefits for Seniors
- Cost Saving Programs for Drugs & Utilities
- Financial Resources for Seniors
- Resources for Seniors Surviving on Social Security
- Financial Glossary for Retired Seniors
- Senior Health Resources
- Nutrition Guide for the Aging and Elderly
- Exercise & Physical Activity: Your Everyday Guide from the National Institute on Aging
- The Boomer’s Roadmap for Aging in Place: How to Prepare Today for your Senior Year
- Guide to Senior Assisted Living
- Planning for the Future for Seniors with Special Needs
- A Senior’s Guide to Using Computers and Software
- Legal Planning for Alzheimer's and Dementia
- Moving Tips for Seniors
- Government Programs for Elderly Parents
- The Benefits of Cooking with Alzheimer’s: A Caregiver’s Guide
- Canine Caregivers for Dementia and Alzheimer’s Patients
- Additional Resources for Caregivers
- Assisted Living in NJ
- United Way Resources:
NJ Foundation For Aging Presents: Aging Insights Series:
Watch the latest episodes online now: