Verona Community Garden
- Mailing Address - Verona Town Hall, 600 Bloomfield Ave, Verona, NJ 07044.
- The physical location is behind H.B. Whitehorne Middle School adjacent to the track. Parking is located in Municipal Lot 1 behind Chase Bank.
- Administration: (973)-239-4921
Verona's first Community Garden is being constructed now so check back often as more information will continue to be added. We are preparing to open for the 2021 planting season and hope to have leases for the beds available soon!
The Township of Verona was awarded a $10,000 Sustainable Jersey grant funded by the PSEG Foundation. Five $20,000 grants, six $10,000 grants and twenty $2,000 grants were distributed to municipalities in fourteen New Jersey counties.
The grant awards will fund a range of projects including green infrastructure, food waste composting education, single-use plastic reduction campaigns, community gardens, a farmers market, environmental resource inventories, a diversity discussion series, green team capacity building and more. Read the full press release here...
How Can You Help?
- Please let us know if you can donate anything to our wonderful garden by filling out this form.
- We will update this page with volunteer opportunities and various ways to get involved and contribute to the garden!
Community Garden Team:
None of this could be possible without the help of a group of dedicated and passionate volunteers/staff from the community.
A special thank you goes out to the Verona DPW crew who prepped the area, moved the shed, ran water to the site, put down mulch, built the garden beds and so much more. Thank you DPW!
- Kari Baureis
- Frank Ceccacci
- Sara Drappi
- Kelly Drury
- Chrystine Gaffney
- Steven Neale
- Teena Schwartz
- Carol Thomas