Location: Verona Town Hall, 600 Bloomfield Ave. Verona, NJ 07044
Hours: 8:30AM-4:30PM Monday-Friday
Contact: (973) 857-4777
Residents are encouraged participate in our community by volunteering for various boards, committees and commissions. If you are interested in knowing more about how you can serve Verona or would like to submit a letter of intent and resume for consideration by the Town Council for any of the boards, committees and commissions listed on the website, please call (973) 857-4770.
The Planning Board is charged with addressing permitted land uses. The Board is also responsible for the Township of Verona Master Plan.
Planning Board meetings are held on the 4th Thursday of each month at 7:30pm in the Verona Community Center Ballroom, 880 Bloomfield Ave. Verona, NJ 07044.
Master Plan Update Information:
The Township of Verona is launching its Master Plan to shape the physical, social, environmental, and economic future of the Township. The updated Master Plan will provide a framework for preserving Verona’s character, supporting investment, and promoting desired changes, and we need your help.
- Visit the project website and take the survey here: https://publicinput.com/VeronaMP
- If you need help on a computer to complete the survey, please call the Verona Public Library to make an appointment at 973-857-4848. They will have staff available to help you through the process.
The following documents are some of the Township's key planning documents. These and several others will provide important background and information into the development of the new Master Plan.
- 2021 Open Space Plan
- 2020 Community Forestry Plan
- 2017 Historic Resources Survey & Inventory
- 2009 Master Plan
2021 Planning Board Members
- Class I Member – Mayor Alex Roman - Term Ends 6/30/2023
- Class III Member – Jack McEvoy - Terms Ends 6/30/2022
- Class II Member – Steven Neale - Term Ends 12/31/2022
- Class IV Members:
- Larry Lonergan, Chairperson - Term Ends 6/30/2023
- Jessica Pearson, Vice Chairperson (Environmental Commission Liaison) - Term Ends 6/30/2022
- Al DeOld, Member - Term Ends 6/30/2025
- Tim Camuti, Member - Term Ends 6/30/2025
- David Freschi, Member - Term ends 6/30/2024
- Jason Hyndman, Member - Term Ends 6/30/2022
- Jesse Lilley, Alternate Member #1 - Term Ends 6/30/2022
- Jeremy Katzeff - Alternate #2 Term Ends 6/30/23
- Greg Mascera, Esq., Planning Board Attorney - Term ends 6/30/2022
- Bright View Engineering Township Engineer
- Ashley Neale, Planning Board Secretary - Term Ends 6/30/2022