The Verona Health Department includes the following:
- Animal Control- is now contracted through Wayne Animal Control . If there is an animal issue you may call their office at 973-694-9295.
- Clinical Services: Periodic Health Screenings
- Communicable Disease Control
- Environmental and Sanitarian Services (Food Licensing)
- Health Education
- Immunizations Audits for Schools
- Medical Transportation
- Social Services: Information & Referral
- Vital Statistics: Marriages, Deaths & Births
- DOG & CAT LICENSING
Dog & Cat Licensing Information
Available during regular work hours at the Community Services Office at Verona Community Center, 880 Bloomfield Ave, Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 4pm.
- Flu Shots at Community Center - 11.12.19
- Parents Support Group- New Jersey, Inc. - Meets every Thursday
Childhood Lead Poisoning Information
NJ Parent Link
The Early Childhood, Parenting and Professional Resource Center: http://www.njparentlink.nj.gov/
SHIP Counseling: State Health Insurance Assistance Program
Free, objective, confidential help is available to New Jersey Medicare beneficiaries who have questions about Medicare, Medigap, Medicare Advantage Plans and Medicare Part D. Experienced volunteer counselors will help individuals understand the different Medicare plans, choose the most cost effective prescription drug coverage, learn about potential gaps in coverage, and learn how to address claims issues.
Schedule an appointment with a trained SHIP counselor by contacting the Verona Health Department at 973-857-4800.
Essex County residents can also call 973-637-1717.
United Way Resources:
Download the Pathways For Caregivers Guide:
Information, ideas, & support for those providing care for loved ones. With separate sections for aging, disabilities & mental health caregiving
- Pathways for Caregivers Introduction
- Section A: Caregiving for an Aging Loved One
- Section B: Caregiving for a Loved One with a Disability
- Section C: Caregiving for a Loved One with Mental Illness
- Section D: Information for All Caregivers
Important Information If You Have Medicare:
Safe Disposal of Syringes:
Medicine Disposal Information:
- American Medicine Chest Challenge
- Covanta Energy Rx4Safety Program
- Drug Enforcement Agency National Take Back Day
- New Jersey Division of Consumer Affairs Project Medicine Drop
- Prescription Pill and Drug Disposal Program
- Dispose My Meds