It is strongly recommended to call ahead to make an appointment at 973-857-4800 or 973-857-4824 or visit us at 880 Bloomfield Ave. at the Verona Community Center. Forms can be found below. Evening hours are also available at the Community Center on the first Monday of every month from 4:30pm-7:30pm, unless it lands on a holiday.
- Emergency Contact Submit - Recommended for Residents With Special Needs
- Marriage License Application
- Application for a copy of a Non-Genealogical Vital Record
- Aplicacion Para Copias Certificadas O Certificaciones De Registros Civiles No-Ancestro
- Application for a copy of a Genealogical Vital Record
- Aplicacion Por Una Copia Certificada O Certificaciones De Un Registro Civil Ancestro
How to Obtain a Certified Copy of a Vital Record by Mail
Download the Request for Certified Copy of a Birth, Death or Marriage Record , complete it, and send it along with a copy of your driver's license (must show relationship to the document) and a $10 check for each certified copy requested to:
Township of Verona Health Department
880 Bloomfield Ave.
Verona, NJ 07044
If someone is requesting a copy of a vital record, their name must match somewhere on the vital record. For example: A person requesting a copy of their parents' death certificate or marriage license needs to have the same last name. If the woman is married, she must then show a copy of her marriage license or birth certificate, as well as her driver's license.