Commercial & Residential Zoning
Zoning Official, Kathleen Miesch
Location: Verona Community Center, 880 Bloomfield Ave, Verona, NJ 07044
Hours: 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM Monday - Friday
Zoning Forms & Documents:
- Township of Verona Zoning Application Process Explained
- Verona Business Change of Use and Sign Zoning Application
- Commercial - Site Plan Tree Removal Application
- Verona Mandatory Affordable Housing Set Aside - Residential Site Plans
- Verona Outdoor Dining Guidance Information S-3340
- Verona Outdoor Dining Zoning Permit Application S-3340
- Verona Residential Zoning Permit Application, Checklist & Impervious Coverage Calculation Sheet
- Verona Zone Map
- Verona Zoning Bulk Requirements by Zone
- Verona Zoning Bulk Schedule Work Sheet
- Verona Residential Tree Removal Application
Additional Information on Tree Removal
Licensed Tree Expert (LCE) vs Licensed Tree Care Operators
Licensing legislation was proposed by industry groups and passed by the New Jersey legislature on January 16, 2010. The legislation is known as the Tree Expert and Tree Care Operators Licensing Act and on April 17, 2017, the Tree Expert and Tree Care Operators Licensing Law's rules were adopted and promulgated.
The Act creates a licensing program under which individuals may become Licensed Tree Experts (LTEs) or Licensed Tree Care Operators (LTCOs) by passing an examination and demonstrating good moral character. Licensees will be required to complete continuing education requirements, abide by standards of professional conduct and ethics, and adhere to safety standards, as well as industry practice standards. No individual shall represent himself or herself to the public as a licensed tree expert or a licensed tree care operator or use any title, designation, word(s), letter, or abbreviations tending to indicate that such individual is a licensed tree expert or a licensed tree care operator without obtaining licensure as a tree expert by the Board of Tree Experts.
Tree care services in New Jersey are defined by the Act as meaning tree care operator services and tree expert services as established by N.J.S.A. 45:15C-11 et seq.
- Licensed Tree Experts can perform tree expert services which means and includes tree pruning, repairing, brush cutting or removal, tree removal, stump grinding or removal, tree establishment, fertilization, cabling and bracing, lightning protection, consulting, diagnosis, and treatment of tree problems or diseases, tree management during site planning and development, tree assessment and risk management, and application of pesticides or any other form of tree maintenance.
- Licensed Tree Care Operators can perform tree care operator services which means and includes tree pruning, repairing, brush cutting or removal, tree removal, and stump grinding or removal.
Here is a link to a State wide directory.