COVID-19 Information Portal
Published on Mar 13, 2020 at 02:00p.m.
Current Coronavirus Cases:
Current Essex County Coronavirus Cases by Municipality - Updated Regularly
If you or someone you know is in a critical position and needs help obtaining essential supplies like groceries, medicine and other necessary items, you can call 973-857-4830 Monday-Friday between 8:30am-4:30pm and 973-239-4921 on nights and weekends. If you have an emergency please call 9-1-1 immediately. The Township is working in conjunction with Police, Fire and Rescue to maintain a list of resident volunteers who can be dispatched for assistance depending on the various needs. Please note, this is for people who are in a critical position, not just a delivery service.
Electric & gas utilities have suspended shut-offs during the crisis. If you’re behind on payments, you'll still have to pay eventually so pay what you can now. DCA offers assistance with utility bills.
To find out if you’re eligible, call 2-1-1 or visit for a full listing of assistance programs http://nj.gov/dca/dcaid
Essex County Emergency Food Distribution Event- 12.3.20 details coming soon
Mental Health Resources:
- Partnership for Children of Essex County- Provides mental health services for children
- Essex County Residents can Register for an Appointment at www.EssexCOVID.org
Municipal Services Information:
Out of the abundance of caution and to help curtail the possibility of community spread of Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), the Township of Verona has suspended all physical public access to municipal offices until further notice.
- UPDATE COMING SOON- Download the 'Save the Trip' flyer for a quick reference guide to municipal resources & online services
- Online Tax & Utility Payments
- Read the full release on all municipal offices and facilities
This page provides information for businesses with updates on local, Federal and State programs, employer/employee info, resource guides and technical assistance
- Outdoor Dining extended through March 2021
Governor Murphy Executive Orders:
This page contains all of Governor Murphy's COVID-19 related Executive Orders and the dates they were released
COVID-19 Press Releases:
Visit this page for Coronavirus related press releases from the Township of Verona, Verona Office of Emergency Management (OEM), Essex County and the State
Supply Needs for First Responders:
- Will be updated as needed
www.StandWithVerona.org - A website dedicated to Verona businesses to post their contact info, offerings and the steps people can take to help them the most at this time. This site will be updated in real time as new entries are made. If you have not filled the form out yet, please visit the page and click the button in the top left to have your info automatically added.
Verona, NJ Takeout & Delivery Service Facebook Group - For Verona restaurants and eateries to post menus, hours of operations and daily specials. 1,000+ members and growing. If you are a Verona restaurant or resident you need to join!
- RELEASE: Ways to Help Verona- Gift Card & Monetary Donations to the Verona Children's Fund at the Verona Community Center, 880 Bloomfield Ave.
- Give to the ALICE (Asset Limited, Income Constrained, Employed) Recovery Fund - United Way of Northern New Jersey created the ALICE Recovery Fund (#ALICErecovery) in partnership with United Way of Hunterdon County to address emerging needs of households financially impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- VeronaHUB Resource Page - Created to assist the amazing residents of Verona in becoming a part of some of the great charitable causes that are taking place right now in support of local businesses, organizations, and people of Verona
- Spectrum360 Covid-19 Relief Fund
- Stand With Verona Online Store Fundraiser - **STORE CURRENTLY CLOSED** This store has been developed by the VERONA CHAMBER OF COMMERCE to help our local businesses during the current crisis. 100% of the proceeds will go to support VERONA BUSINESSES and their employees. Please consider making a purchase and STANDING WITH VERONA.
- Senator Cory Booker Coronavirus Pandemic Resource Guide for New Jerseyans
- PSEG Press Release- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- PSEG Press Release- Scams: Another Side Effect of Coronavirus
- Virtual Veteran Meetings - Meet with one of our Veteran Representatives to get assistance with your employment, housing, VA claims, and small business needs.