COVID-19 Release & Information 4.1.20
Published on Mar 13, 2020 at 02:00p.m.
Governor Murphy Executive Orders:
COVID Info for Businesses:
- Visit https://www.veronanj.org/covid19.business for more info
Ways to Help
- RELEASE: Ways to Help Verona - 3.27.20
April 1, 2020 Updates:
March 31, 2020 Update:
March 30, 2020 Update:
March 28, 2020 Updates:
March 26, 2020 Updates:
March 25, 2020 Updates:
- RELEASE: Case Update as of March 25, 2020
- RELEASE: Supply Donations Urgently Needed for Verona Police, EMS and Fire!
- RELEASE: Essex County to Open Screening Site for Novel Coronavirus (COIVD-19) at Weequahic Park
March 24, 2020 Update:
March 23, 2020 Update:
March 20, 2020 Updates:
- RELEASE: 2nd Confirmed Case in Verona
- RELEASE: Purchasing Gift Cards to Help Local Businesses & Residents in Need
- List of Needs & Services Available at Verona Businesses - UPDATED 3/20 *Please note this list will be updated as things change*
March 19, 2020 Updates:
March 18, 2020 Updates:
- RELEASE: First Confirmed Case in Verona
- RELEASE: NJ Human Services Works to Protect & Help Maintain Continued Benefits for Residents Amid COVID-19 Outbreak Actions Address Child care, Seniors, Homeless, Medicaid, Mental Health, Substance Use Disorder and Disability Services
March 17, 2020 Updates:
REVISED 3/20- Updated Senior Bus Calendar
Early Senior (60yrs and older) shopping hours at present:
- Stop & Shop: 6am- 7:30 am daily
- CORRECTION Kings: 7am
- Foodtown: Normal opening is 7am, no early senior hours
*Updates will be made as necessary
Online tax and water/sewer payments made via e-Checks:
- In an effort to assist our residents and property owners with the payment of property tax and water/sewer payments online, effective March 16, 2020 the Township is waiving the $1.05 transaction fee for anyone who submits e-Checks on-line through the Township’s website.
- Please note that this charge will appear on bank account at the time of the transaction but will be applied as a credit on your next bill from the Township.
- The Township will not be waiving the transaction fees/surcharges for payments submitted online via Credit or Debit Cards.
- This policy will remain in effect until the State of Emergency related to COVID-19 is lifted.
Recreation Registrations via CommunityPass:
All Recreation registrations through CommunityPass are suspended until further notice.
March 16, 2020 Updates:
March 15, 2020 Updates:
March 14, 2020 Updates:
- Updated Release to the initial COVID-19 communication issued yesterday, Friday, March 13, 2020. All measures mentioned in the previous communications remain in effect