Grand Opening of the Renovated Verona Public Library!
Published on Nov 05, 2018 at 02:00p.m.
DECEMBER 1, 2018
Ribbon-cutting ceremony presided over by Mayor Kevin Ryan at 12 Noon. Doors open immediately following.
The Verona Public Library Board of Trustees and Library Staff will welcome you into our town’s historic Carnegie building, newly fitted out for the needs of 21st century library users. 2018 marks 125 years of library service in Verona, and what better way to mark the anniversary than with an updated building.
Exciting new features include:
- An elevator, for navigating all three floors
- Comfortable new seating
- 10 computer stations, and additional computer carrels for laptop work
- Charging stations throughout
- Cozy “Carnegie Corner” for relaxing with a book and a cup of coffee
- Working fireplace with a refurbished mantle
- Jack Foley Meeting Room updated with added kitchenette
- Friends of the Library Youth Activity Room
- Maker Space Room in the Young Adult area with 3-D Printing and Virtual Reality Technology
- Junior Women’s Club of Verona Community Meeting Room
Activities for the day include:
- Face Painting
- Balloon Art
- 3-D Printing
- Verona’s own “Great Scott, the Magician” will be strolling throughout the building with his bag of tricks
- Celtic Harpist Joan Eagan will be performing in the Carnegie Corner
The main feature, of course, is the collection of over 50,000 books, periodicals, DVDs, audiobooks, CDs, and video games. The Library will be open 12-5:00 pm on December 1st and will resume a normal operating schedule the next day.More: Home News