-The Leaf Dump is now OPEN on Wednesdays and Saturdays from 8:30am-3:30pm, Sundays 12pm-3pm
-The Special Planning Board Meeting originally planned for April 2nd has been cancelled
-Registration for Summer Rec. is now open!
Built in 1909, the Methodist Church located at 26 Montrose Avenue is an unusual, eclectic building of yellow brick, dominated by a hexagonal lantern on top, reminiscent of the 19th-century wooden tabernacle buildings erected by the Methodist community in New Jersey vacation areas including Mount Tabor, Ocean City, and Ocean Grove.
According to the town assessor’s office’s earliest records, Florence Whitaker became owner in 1917, followed by John Subrug Jr. (1939) and Mary Scafer (one day in February 1939). In 1945, E. Woodward Allen became owner for 33 years until 1978, followed by Denis Whit (1987). The property is currently owned by Mrs. Barbara Keisewetter.