62 Depot Street

62 Depot Street

Built near the turn of the 19th Century, this small wooden structure served as a freight shed adjoining the Verona railroad station on the Caldwell Branch of the Erie Railroad. It is the sole surviving physical object of a once-busy rail line that originated from the Erie Greenwood Lake line in northern Passaic County before snaking through Little Falls, Verona (which included Cedar Grove until 1908), Caldwell, and Essex Fells.