Landmark Preservation Commission
The Verona Landmarks Preservation Commission is an agency established by the Town Council to assist in the identification and preservation of our town’s landmarks and historical sites.
2014 Meeting Dates
All meetings are held at The Verona Community Center at 7:30pm
- June 19 (Conference Room-1st Floor)
- September 18 (Conference Room-1st Floor)
- November 20 (Conference Room-1st Floor)
|Glenn Houthuysen (Chairperson)||C|
|Jane Eliasof (Vice Chairperson)||B|
|Sandra Smith (Secretary)||C|
|Michael Nochimson (Council Liaison)|
- Verona Landmarks Preservation Commission Ordinance (PDF)
- *Membership on the Commission shall include one member designated as a Class A member, who shall be a person who is knowledgeable in building design and construction or architectural history and who may reside outside of the municipality; and one member designated as a Class B member, who shall be a person who is knowledgeable of or has a demonstrated interest in local history and who may reside outside the municipality. Regular members who are not designated as Class A or Class B members shall be designated as Class C members and shall be citizens of the municipality and shall hold no other municipal office, position or employment except for membership on the Planning Board or Board of Adjustment. Alternate members shall meet the qualifications of Class C members.